Total Time: 1 hr.
Prep Time: 15 min.
Cooking Time: 45 min.
Yield: 3 servings
1 medium spaghetti squash (about 3 lbs.)
1 Tbsp. olive oil
1 medium onion, chopped
3 cloves garlic, finely chopped
½ cup sliced mushrooms
½ cup white wine
½ cup cherry tomatoes, cut into halves
4 fresh basil leaves, finely chopped
3 Tbsp. shredded Parmesan cheese
Chopped parsley (for garnish; optional)
1. Preheat oven to 350° F.
2. Place squash on parchment-lined baking sheet. Poke squash 2 or 3 times with a fork. Bake for 40 to 50 minutes, or until tender. Cool for 20 to 30 minutes.
3. While the squash cooks, heat oil in medium saucepan over medium-high heat.
4. Add onion; cook, stirring frequently, for 3 to 5 minutes, or until translucent.
5. Add garlic; cook, stirring frequently, for 1 minute.
6. Add mushrooms; cook, stirring frequently, for 3 to 5 minutes, or until mushrooms release liquid.
7. Add wine, cherry tomatoes, and basil; cook, stirring frequently, for 3 to 5 minutes, or until soft. Set aside.
8. Cut squash in half lengthwise. Remove seeds. Scrape flesh into stringy noodles.
9. Evenly divide squash between three bowls. Evenly top with onion mixture, cheese, and parsley (if desired).