If you’re looking for a holiday treat that your friends and family are sure to ooh and ahh over, this is the one. Even though these chocolate superfood bites are devilishly simple to make, they just look darn impressive.
Total Time: 17 min.
Prep Time: 15 min.
Cooking Time: 2 min.
Yield: 24 servings, 1 bite each
8 oz. dark chocolate, chopped into small pieces
12 Tbsp. raw pistachio pieces
12 Tbsp. pumpkin seeds (pepitas)
12 Tbsp. unsweetened dried cranberries
1 tsp. coarse sea salt (or Himalayan salt) (optional)
1. Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper. Set aside.
2. Place chocolate in a microwave-safe glass measuring cup. Microwave for 60 seconds on 50%; stir. Microwave for another 30 seconds on 50%; stir. Repeat until chocolate is completely melted. If needed, microwave for an additional 30 seconds on 50%. Do not overcook. Chocolate will melt as you stir it.
3. Use a spoon to make twenty-four small rounds of chocolate onto the parchment paper.
4. Working while chocolate is still warm, sprinkle chocolate rounds evenly with nuts, pumpkin seeds, cranberries, and salt (if desired).
5. Let the chocolate set in the refrigerator.
Tip: The higher the percentage of cacao in chocolate the better. Look for chocolate that is at least 70% cacao.